Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (29-28) @ Tampa Rays (30-31)
Starters: LAA – Ervin Santana (1-2, 6.75 ERA) TB – David Price (1-0, 2.45 ERA)
Game Info: 4:08 PM PT TV-Fox Sports West, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AM
- Which Ervin will show up: the Santana that looks like an All-Star again or the one throwing 87 mph fastballs down the middle of the plate?
- Is David Price for real or just hype? He’s supposed to be the next big thing but hasn’t quite proven it yet. Let’s hope the Angels don’t pull their usual act and make him look better than he really is.
- Why the hell isn’t this a day game? The Angels have to make a cross-country flight tonight and then play in Anaheim tomorrow. That strikes me as a bad idea.
- The Angels bullpen not only pitches three-plus shutout innings but also picks up the win. Call me crazy but I think the demotion of Dondo will buy the Halos at least a week or so of strong relief work
- A Vlad Guerrero home run just to make me look stupid for questioning him in my earlier post today.
- That the Angels would call up Brandon Wood to platoon with Kendry Morales, who can’t hit lefties, instead of using Robb Quinlan, who can’t hit anyone.
ZERO Tolerance for… Maicer Izturis batting sixth. I don’t care how good Sosh thinks he is, Izzy has no business being in a slot where he is expected to drive runs in.
Leave your own questions, answers, predictions or wishes as a comment or just hang out with us during the game.