Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (52-38) @ Kansas City Royals (37-54)
Starters: LAA – Sean O’Sullivan (2-0, 3.80 ERA) KC – Sidney Ponson (1-5, 7.27 ERA)
Game Info: 5:10 PM PT TV-Fox Sports West, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AM
- Is Sean O’Sullivan getting the call tonight because he is the best option or because the Angels are hoping to showcase him for a trade by matching him up against the worst offense in the American League?
- With Bobby Wilson being demoted to make room for O’Sullivan, does that mean the Napoli-at-DH experiment is over or will the Angels just take their chances that Mathis doesn’t hurt himself? Then again, I am in favor of anything that results in more at-bats for Brandon Wood.
- Will Juan Rivera be available tonight? His hamstring injury is acting up again but the Angels don’t seem to be thinking he needs a DL stint. I know the Royals stink, but they can’t possibly keep up this offensive pace without him, Hunter and Vlad.
- Bobby Abreu will continue his recent power surge (of one game) by victimizing Ponson, who he owns, for a first inning tater.
- O’Sullivan will pitch well, but somehow Matt Palmer, who was snubbed in favor of O’Sullivan, will somehow get the win.
- That Sean O’Sullivan “accidentally” hits Jose Guillen in the face with an errant fastball. Considering his .684 OPS, I imagine the Royal fans wouldn’t mind if that happened either.
ZERO Tolerance for… Another 0-for by Brandon Wood. As one of the many champions of the Free Brandon Wood campaign, he needs to quit making us all look bad by taking the collar. He inspired so much hope with his homer in his first game back in the majors but has gone 0-for-6 with 3 whiffs since. Time to live up to the hype Woody.
Leave your own questions, answers, predictions or wishes as a comment or just hang out with us during the game.