So long, Yankees. We’ll see you again soon… I hope. This is the regular season finale between the Yankees and the Angels, but if all goes according to plan, the two squads should be meeting up again in the ALCS a few weeks from now.
Don’t go too far, A-Rod. I think you’ll be back in Anaheim before you know it.
New York Yankees (96-56) @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (90-61)
Starters: NYY – A.J. Burnett (11-9, 4.22 ERA) LAA – Scott Kazmir (9-8, 5.08 ERA)
Game Info: 12:35 PM PT TV-Fox Sports West & MLB Network, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AM
- Can the Angels bomb AJ Burnett to keep the Yankee rotation in disarray? The Angels would be doing themselves a favor by pounding Burnett who has the Yankees concerned about how effective he will be in the post-season.
- Can Bobby Abreu break out of his “either draw a walk or strike out” funk that he has been in? I think it might be time to start swinging at the occasional first pitch, Bobby.
- Will the Angels be able to take advantage of a Yankee line-up featuring several reserves (Hairston, Gardner, Molina, Duncan)?
- Scott Kazmir has his worst start as an Angel allowing four earned runs through five innings of work.
- Trying this again since he didn’t play last night like I expected him too, but Mike Napoli will continue his resurgence by hitting a home run tonight.
- I wish for a good game from Gary Matthews. I have been really hard on Private Matthews all year, but he has played decently of late and I am willing to give him another chance, so don’t eff it up, Junior.
ZERO Tolerance for… the overly vocal Yankee fans in the crowd this series. If you are attending the game tonight and have an opportunity to shut one of those frontrunners up, kindly do so for the greater good of us all.
Leave your own questions, answers, predictions or wishes as a comment or just hang out with us during the game or even chat with us on twitter (@MonkeyWithAHalo).