Colorado Rockies (37-33) @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (36-32)
Starters: COL – Ubaldo Jimenez (6-6, 3.73 ERA) LAA – Sean O’Sullivan (1-0, 1.29 ERA)
Game Info: 7:05 PM PT TV-Fox Sports West, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AM
Alright, Sock, let’s see what you really got.
Sean O’Sullivan was impressive when he was called up as an emergency starter in place of Ervin Santana, limiting the wimpy San Francisco line-up to one run over seven innings. Tonight’s task will be much tougher for Sock as he now has to face the hottest team in all of baseball in the Colorado Rockies who have won 17 of their last 18 games including last night’s drubbing of the Halos. Talk about a trial by fire for a kid who hadn’t thrown a single pitch above Single-A before this season.
- What surprise is in store for the Angels? Rich Thompson tweeted this afternoon that there would be a “huge shock” at tonight’s game. My guess is that the Angel relievers probably all did something stupid like get mohawks or dye their hair a strange color.
- Can the Angels actually hit the ball in the air? Grounding out 13 times against Aaron Cook was ridiculous, so maybe the Angels might want to try and actually lift the ball a bit tonight and get one out of the infield.
- I’m going to keep on asking this one, can Sean Rodriguez get a start tonight? Aybar continues to slump, it is definitely time to give S-Rod a look.
- Sock won’t make it out of the third inning.
- I won’t make it out of the fifth inning before burning my stuffed rally monkey in effigy.
- I wish to prevent the Rockie fans from getting tacos again. My Colorado Rockies counterpart at RockiesAndRoll.com astutely pointed out last night that the 11 runs scored by the Rox earned them free tacos. It never feels good to be the victim in that equation. Then again, eating Taco bell never feels good either.
ZERO Tolerance for… more wildness. Six walks, six wild pitches and two hit batters were issued in last night’s game by the Angels. Nobody team can win when the pitchers can’t get the ball over the plate, much less in its general vicinity.
Leave your own questions, answers, predictions or wishes as a comment or just hang out with us during the game.