Colorado Rockies (36-33) @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (36-31)
Starters: COL – Aaron Cook (6-3, 4.23 ERA) LAA – Matt Palmer (6-0, 4.13 ERA)
Game Info: 7:05 PM PT TV-Fox Sports West, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AM
Though I keep expecting that at some point this year Matt Palmer will peel back his forearm skin to reveal an metallic android skeleton, thus finally explaining how it is he continues to be undefeated, the Rockies are not scared.
Perhaps Palmer was replaced by an android since, but last year the Colorado Rockies proved Palmer was, in fact, human, defeating him 7-2. Tonight, Robo Palmer can get his revenge and more importantly get the Angels back on the winning track and possibly even into a tie for first place in the American League West.
- Does anyone have a good Ocean’s Eleven-style heist plan we can use to steal Huston Street from the Rockies while they are in town?
- What is Scioscia’s obsession with Kevin Jepsen? Jepsen hasn’t earned anything, yet he has pitched six times since being called up 10 games ago and given up four runs over that span.
- Will Scioscia pull the slumping Erick Aybar for a few games to give Sean Rodriguez a solid look?
- The Angels will make the Rockies feel like they are back in Coors Field with a combined total of five homers being hit in the game (four from the Halos, one for the Rox).
- Someone will seriously mention Garrett Atkins as a possible trade deadline acquisition for the Angels, completely ignoring the fact that he is hitting .207 with a .599 OPS.
- I wish for an Angel win so that they can finally get back into first place.
ZERO Tolerance for… Vladimir Guerrero. Yes, he is busting singles with regularity but he still has no power and is a human out machine when it comes to RBI situations, especially in the late innings. It is time to drop him in the order.
Leave your own questions, answers, predictions or wishes as a comment or just hang out with us during the game.