Having dropped two series in a row and the bullpen falling to pieces, who better to face than a divisional rival that has vexed them of late? The Angels have a tall order in front of them as they look to pick up the pieces and get back on track to being a surefire contender.
The Rangers trounced the Halos in 2013 and 2014 isn’t starting off much better with the Angels dropping two of three in the one series they played earlier in the year.
I’ll be honest, I ran out of time to do the full match-ups, so I’ll just break it down like this:
- Garrett Richards has been very good of late, let’s hope that keeps up
- Yu Darvish is always very good, but watching him take on Trout is always special
- Matt Shoemaker has never faced the Rangers
- Nick Martinez has never faced the Angels
- Hector Santiago has been much better, but he might be bad
- Joe Saunders will probably just be bad
Angels get back on track, taking two of three.
UNOFFICIAL PREDICTION (so don’t hold me to it)
Ernesto Frieri never makes an appearance in the series.