Tottenham Hotspur forward Harry Kane is still a top target for Manchester City alongside the reported interest in Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.
The 2020/21 Premier League winners were expected to press for a move for the England striker despite claims of the player not being for sale Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, and newzealandcasinos online casino is keen on seeing how the transfer goes.
The Cityzen might have to break past the British transfer record they set when they signed Jack Grealish from Aston Villa for £100 million earlier in the summer, and with August 31 set as the deadline for the transfer window, there is only a little time left for them to sign the player.
Pep Guardiola is still looking for a potential replacement for Manchester City’s legendary goalscorer Sergio Aguero, who parted ways with the club to join Barcelona in the summer on a free transfer, and he confirmed that Harry Kane was his team’s top target this summer.
Kane, who was the English top flight’s highest goalscorer and assist king last season, has only three seasons left on his current contract with the Spurs, who remained keen on not selling the Three Lions’ striker.
The Cityzens were reported to have put together a £100 million offer earlier in the window and they will be making another offer for the Spurs striker before the deadline.
Alongside this interest in Kane, it is understood that Ronaldo is also one of the many forwards suggested to the Etihad outfit, but the team’s focus remained steadily on Kane.
There have been several reports regarding the future of the Juventus star after he was left on the bench during the team’s 2-2 draw with Udinese at the weekend.
The former Manchester United star also made the headline at some point when he said he would never play for City while Juve manager Massimiliano Allegri confirmed that Ronaldo will be staying at the Old Lady this season.
The sale of several fringe players in their team has boosted Manchester City funds along with the percentage they received from the deal that saw Jadon Sancho join Manchester United this summer.
Guardiola also admitted that some players in his team will be leaving the club before the transfer window this summer, and Bernardo Silva is the most likely to part ways as he is being linked with a move to AC Milan, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona.
Following their 5-0 victory against Norwich City on Saturday, Guardiola said via au online casinos for real money: “The group of people are fantastic, the players have incredible quality, so I cannot complain.”
“I’ve never complained since I arrived on day one, I will not do it now, but of course the club has an obligation, the duty to look forward, to get better, to feel we can still be there with a tough Premier League and this is what we are going to do.”