Oakland Athletics (56-71) @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (75-51)
Game 1 Starters: OAK – Brett Tomko (3-2, 3.69 ERA) LAA – Trevor Bell (1-1, 9.49 ERA)
Game 1 Info: 7:05 PM PT TV-Fox Sports West, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AM
Game 2 Starters: OAK – Vin Mazzarro (4-9, 5.32 ERA) LAA – Jered Weaver (13-5, 4.03 ERA)
Game 2 Info: 6:05 PM PT TV-Fox Sports West, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AM
Game 3 Starters: OAK – Brett Anderson (7-9, 4.35 ERA) LAA – John Lackey (8-7, 4.16 ERA)
Game 3 Info: 12:35 PM PT TV-KCOP, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AM
- Is this Trevor Bell’s last hurrah? With Scott Kazmir (allegedly) on his way to the Angels, he won’t have a rotation spot anymore unless he absolutely dominates Friday night. Bell does have experience out of the pen though, so he could still stick with the big club if he impresses tonight.
- Can the Angel bats get hot again or have the blown their load six weeks too early?
- What is with Brett Tomko starting for Oakland? I thought the Athletics were legally obligated to only use rookie starting pitchers.
- Bell confirms through his performance that the Kazmir deal is a good idea, but the Angels rally and still win his start.
- Mike Scioscia sees the light and stop platooning Kendry Morales with Robb Quinlan on Sunday versus lefty Brett Anderson.
- I wish that the Angels emerge from the weekend, with at a minimum, a larger lead in the AL West than they started the weekend with.
ZERO Tolerance for… for any more ambiguity on the Kazmir deal. As of this posting the deal is still up in the air and I am losing hair by the minute. Just call it done or dead and let’s move on.
Leave your own questions, answers, predictions or wishes as a comment or just hang out with us during the game or even chat with us on twitter (@MonkeyWithAHalo).